No doubt that you’ve probably shopped through the Amazon app. Since its launch, this app has been the go-to platform for exceptional savings and inexpensive merchandise. While some users still question its legitimacy and customer policy, the Amazon app is the most popular e-commerce platform.
You should know that the app is 100% legit and there shouldn’t be any problem if you need to cancel an order or get a refund.
On this page, we teach you the cancelation process, step-by-step, and provide information on how to get a refund or return an item. All these will happen on Amazon cancellation page which is in the app.
How to an order on Amazon using mobile app
The cancelation process on the iOS and Android Amazon app is simple and straightforward. The interface is user-friendly and you can easily cancel an order any time you need. However, the cancelation request must be done within eight hours of placing the order or you risk the item(s) getting shipped.
You won’t get a refund option if the item is still in processing status. Here’s how to cancel an order on Amazon on IOS and Android devices.
- Launch the Amazon app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Tap the “hamburger icon” (Menu) in the top-left corner.
- Select “Your Orders“ from the menu you just opened.
- From your “Order History” list, find and tap on the item you want to cancel.
- Select “Need help with this item?“
- Choose “Cancel this item.” The cancellation must take place within 8 hours of placing the order or you risk the item getting shipped.
That’s it! The order gets canceled immediately after you tap on the “Cancel this item” option. Confirm that the order got canceled before exiting the “Order History” section.
There are no fees for canceling any order and it immediately reverts when you tap on the “I want to cancel my order.”
How to request for Amazon Refund
It is important to know that there is a difference between canceling an order on Amazon and getting a refund, the refund process becomes the next option. The initial steps are the same for refunds as they are for cancelations, then the automated service takes over and instructs you. The questions available are based on your account’s current status, such as new order, order that has shipped, order that is still not delivered, etc. This is how to request a refund.
- Open the Amazon app on your iPhone or visit https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/
- Tap on the “hamburger icon” (Menu icon) at the top-left section of your screen.
- Select “Your Orders“ from the options that appear.
- Tap on the item in question. Amazon manages issues based on item, not order.
- In the yellow box below the item, if one appears, select “Yes” or “No” as to whether you received the order/product(s) or not.
- Tap on “Need help with this item?,“
- Then, choose “Yes” or “No” as to whether you received the order or not.
- Another message pops up informing you that you can get a refund. To confirm, tap on “I want a refund.”
- Then choose your preferred refund method by selecting “Amazon Cash” (store credit) or “Original Payment Method.”
- A confirmation message appears, confirming your refund request. Follow any additional instructions if applicable.
Note: Amazon refunds delivered as Amazon Cash are instant. Refunds to the original payment method take 5-10 business days to post.
Need to know more about Amazon returns
Just like all e-commerce platforms, the Amazon app has a clearly defined return policy that applies to most products. Compared to cancelations and refunds, the return process is more time-consuming and may result in an additional cost.
You have 30 days to return the Amazon item upon receiving it. If you get the wrong product or it arrives faulty, the merchant covers the cost of return shipping. In any other case, you’ll need to cover the shipping fee. Once again, everything is automated. Just follow the prompts and answer the questions.
- Open Amazon on your iPhone or Android device.
- Tap on the “hamburger icon” (Menu) found at the top left section.
- Choose “Your Orders” from the menu options.
- In the “Order History” list, find and tap on the item you want to return, and select “Need help with this item?,” then choose the appropriate options. Amazon handles product service by item, not by order.
That’s it! Follow the shipping/returns instructions to complete the process on your end.
Note: Depending on the item, you may have to pay shipping fees to return it. Amazon’s automated virtual support lets you know how to handle the return. Once the product gets back to Amazon, the company will give you a full refund, which includes the initial shipment fees.
Remember International shipping applies to most Amazon products, though some may come from US warehouses. This means it may take some time before Amazon gets the item you returned. In general, it shouldn’t be longer than 3 weeks.
The final word is that it’s simple and straightforward to cancel your order from the Amazon app and the cancellation page. But remember, you need to do it within 8 hours after placing an order. Among other features, the app also allows you to change the mailing address and it provides shipment status.