Outlook has a default language for all users. If you don’t understand the language Outlook is written in, we teach you how to change and translate Outlook back to English or your preferred language.
Changing Outlook language to your native language will allow you to access the features and services easily, so having this section configured correctly is necessary and useful.
Outlook language is easy, and you can do it from the website or use translation tools such as Google Translate so that the interface is in the language of your choice. You can also change back to English with web browsers.
How to Change Outlook App Language to English
1. Open your Settings app on your smartphone.
2. Select System Languages & input.
3. Tap App languages.
4. Select Outlook app.
5. Tap Language and choose the English language.
How to Change Outlook Website Default Language
1. From the Outlook home screen, select the English language.
2. If you’re logged in, click Settings.
3. Tap Region & Language.
4. Select a language. The new language will automatically save.
How to Translate Outlook to English
1. To translate on your phone you need to have Translate app.
2. Launch Google Translate. navigate to the top right, and tap Menu Settings.
3. Select Tap to Translate and then toggle or tick the option that says Enable Tap to Translate. This will enable the Translate app to show a floating icon.
4. With these settings, you just have to tap, and you’ll be able to translate Outlook while on the go.
Outlook Language Settings on Chrome
You can change Outlook to English or your preferred language in Chrome and automatically translate Outlook pages for you.
To set the language Chrome will translate Outlook.
1. Open the Chrome app.
2. Go to the right of the address bar and click on three dots.
3. Next, select Settings.
4. Click Languages and select Advanced.
5. Click Translate into this language.
6. Then, select English from the list.
To Add Language
1. Open the Chrome app on your device.
2. Scroll to the right of the address bar, and click More
3. Click Settings and select Languages.
4. You’ll now see Content languages, click Add language.
5. Select the language you want to add.
How to Change Language With Google Translate
Google Translate is a free online language translation tool that can change text and web pages into English and other languages. You can use this tool to translate Outlook into your native language.
How is how:
1. Go to Outlook on Chrome browser.
2. Click Translate when prompted.
3. If you don’t see a Translate option, click the Translate logo on the right side of the address bar, then click Translate.
How to Add Outlook Language to Firefox
To change/translate Outlook from Firefox to a different language, you’ll need to download a translator extension first.
1. Open your Firefox browser.
2. Go to the Firefox Browser add-ons page.
3. Click on Extensions.
4. Search for Firefox Translations using the search box.
5. From the results click on Firefox Translations.
6. Next click on Add to Firefox.
To change your language
1. Open your Firefox browser and go to Outlook page you want to translate.
2. Click on the Firefox Translations icon to see the toolbar under the address bar.
3. Click on the Choose a language box and select your preferred language.
4. Click on Translate and wait for the translation extension to load and process the page.
You can also set Firefox to automatically translate all sites you visit by clicking on Translate this tab automatically as you browse online.