You can check Amex credit card balance online, via mobile app, or by phone. The easiest ways to check Amex credit card balance are online and through Amex’s mobile app. Either of these methods will allow you to see the most up-to-date credit card balance when you check. Amex has mobile apps which make checking your balance easier and handy with your phone.
How to Check Amex Credit Balance Online
However, you have to activate your Amex credit card if you have not done so. It’s easy to activate your credit card, scroll down and learn how to activate your credit card. If you have activated your credit card, here is how to check your Amex credit balance.
- Log on to Amex’s official internet banking page on https://www.americanexpress.com/
- Click “Online Banking Login” then enter your User ID and Password.
- Click Account Information from the “Navigate” panel.
- Click My Statement of Account from the Account Information list.
- Select the Account Number and Year from the drop down list.
- Choose the Statement Date then click “View”.
- View Statement of Account or Negotiated Checks tab.
- Click the save icon to download your Amex credit card statement or Print icon to print the document.
How to Check Amex Credit Card Balance From Mobile App
Checking your balance with Amex app is similar to checking it online, and it’s just as easy.
- Just search for Amex in your phone’s app store and download the official app.
- The Amex app is free. You can download the app if you don’t have it already.
- Log in with your credentials. You should be able to do most things on the app that you can do on the website.
- Click the “Balance” option.
How to Check Amex Credit Balance Via SMS
To check your credit card balance over the phone:
- Call the customer service number on the back of your credit card.
- You’ll likely be asked to enter your card number and/or other personal information to verify your identity. Keep your information handy.
- Provide the information as will be required by the Amex official representative.
Amex also has an automated number for checking balances, so listen to the options menu and follow the prompts to check your latest balance.
How to Activate Amex Credit Card
To activate Amex credit card, call the number on the back of the card or go to the website listed on the activation sticker attached to the card. The Amex credit card activation typically requires the credit card number, the security code (CVV), or both.
Amex card activation also requires a Social Security number as well as the card number, expiration date, and security code. You don’t need your username and password to activate your Amex card online. But having an account can make the process easier because you won’t have to enter extra personal information to verify your identity.
Either way, Amex card activation is quick and easy. Plus, the steps are the same for Amex credit cards and debit cards.
- Using your preferred browser, visit the Amex card activation page.
- Log in to your account or choose.
- Enter your birthdate, the last 4 digits of your SSN, your 16-digit card number and the card’s expiration date. (Only needed if you don’t log in).
- Enter the 3-digit security code from the back of the card.
- Click “Continue” to activate your Amex card.
You can use Amex card immediately after activation. For security reasons, you cannot make any transactions with the card before activating it. Activation ensures that someone doesn’t steal the card out of the mail and use it.
It’s important to remember that Amex credit card issuer (s) may require your Social Security number or other information to verify your identity when you activate your card. Once you’ve activated your credit card, you can use it immediately.
It’s recommended you check your Amex credit card balance frequently. This can help you to identify fraudulent charges and errors on your account. You can also monitor your balance to make sure you are not spending too much of your available credit. Much spending can render your credit score low, which can cause you not to get a credit card approval next time.