Kindle is a platform where you can place orders or make immediate purchases online. When you want to make a purchase from the comfort of your living room, this comes in handy. While you perform transactions on Kindle, it keeps a record of your purchases and orders.
You may want to delete your Kindle order history for a variety of reasons. Perhaps you want to conceal a one-time purchase from your history so that it remains a surprise.
Whatever the reason, here will explain all you need to know on how to delete or hide your Kindle orders or purchases history. It’s straightforward to delete or hide any or all of your Kindle order history if you wish to keep your Kindle activity hidden.
Many consumers want to remove or archive their Kindle order history for a variety of reasons. It’s possible that they don’t want a third party to see your online transactions.
Perhaps you want to hide an occasional purchase from your history so that a birthday gift remains a surprise, or perhaps you buy something you don’t want others to see when they use your account. Alternatively, you may wish to keep your personal purchases hidden from your spouse.
As you keep on reading, you’ll discover whether you can truly delete or, better yet, hide your order history.
Can Someone Delete Purchase History on Kindle?
To be honest with you, there is no way to delete your order history permanently. Even if you delete your account, Kindle will keep a record of everything you’ve bought.
You do, however, have a way to come out of this.
By archiving your purchases and orders history, you can keep it hidden from others.
How to Hide Order/Purchase History on Kindle
It’s simple to hide or delete any or all of your Kindle order history if you wish to keep your Kindle activity hidden.
If you are using a desktop or the mobile app, here’s how to hide your Kindle order history.
Hide Kindle Purchase History on Desktop
- Sign in to your Kindle account by going to the Kindle website in your browser.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, select “Returns and Orders.”
- You’ll find a list of the items you’ve ordered in the last three months here. After you’ve located the order you want to hide or remove, click “View Order Details.”
- To hide it, click “Archive Order.” Note that you’ll still be able to see them in your account’s “Archived Orders” area.
- If the item you’re looking for isn’t available for your selected months, modify the setting to show orders from a different time period.
How to Delete/Hide Purchase History on Kindle App
- Log into the Kindle app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Scroll to “Your Orders” and find the item you wish to hide.
- To hide it, tap “View Order Details” and then “Archive Order.”
Remember that none of the orders you hide from your account will be completely deleted. You may still see them by going to your account page and selecting Ordering and Shopping Preferences and Archived Orders from the menu.
By selecting the “Unarchive Order” button next to the product, you will be able to examine all of your previously hidden orders and, if you want, return them to the main list.
Use Incognito Mode When Browsing Kindle
You’ve definitely noticed that when you browse Kindle, the site retains your browsing history and suggests additional things based on your previous searches.
If you’re the only one who uses your account, this can be useful. However, if you use a shared account to shop for a gift or other private purchase, your browser history will reveal your secret to anybody who logs in.
Using an incognito or private browser window is one of the simplest ways to hide your browsing. There is nothing you do will be saved in this manner.
Read: How to Recover Deleted Whatsapp Account on New Phone
However, if you’ve already accumulated browsing history on Kindle, there is still a way to clear your data:
- Go to Kindle and sign in using your account information.
- In the top left corner of your screen, select “Browsing History.”
- To remove a specific item from your browser history, select “remove from view” beneath the product.
- Alternatively, select the “Manage History” menu and click “Remove all things from view” to erase the entire list.
- Put the slider next to “Turn Browsing History on/off” in the “off” position if you don’t want Kindle to collect your browsing history.
That’s it on how to delete or hide order history on Kindle from those who share the same account or device with you.