Matalan account delete mainly happens on the website after you have logged in to your account. It is from your profile page that you’ll find settings option from where you can delete or deactivate your account including your data history. And if you can’t remember your password, you can still close the account without having access to its credentials. You’ll find out how this works in this article.
E9et.com will show you exactly how to delete Matalan account even when you can’t access the account or remember your password. Well, depending on the reasons why you want to delete your account, you can close your account either on the website, app or by sending a cancellation request email to the support center.
So, to request that your account be permanently deleted expresses your intention to fully remove both your user account and any existing information relevant to your user account. This cannot be undone, and Matalan won’t be able to recover any of your data after you permanently delete your account.
How to Delete Matalan Account Without Password
Usually, you would have to be signed in to your account to be able to close your account. Since you have lost access to your account or remember the password and have tried everything and still couldn’t find the login details you will have to try something different, the methods below.
There are three ways you can delete Matalan account that you no longer have access to without using the password:
1. Reset your Matalan Password
- Open the Matalan web page on your preferred device
- Click the Forgotten password tab on the login screen
- Click the Username field and enter the email address you used to create your account
- Select the Send email so as to receive a link to create a new password
- Log in to your email and click on the link sent to you by Matalan to create a new password.
Once you are logged in to your profile page, here is what you should do:
- Go to Settings on your dashboard
- Select the Delete Account option
- Select one of the options from the drop-down menu containing why you want to delete your account
- Once you have selected a reason, Delete Account tab will appear. Click on it and successfully delete your account.
2. By Contacting Matalan Support
Another way you can close your profile account without the password or logging in is to contact Matalan support and if you want to get it done as soon as possible, you’re going to visit the support page.
- Go to Matalan Support in a web browser. If you don’t know your username and password, you’ll need to fill out an online form stating why your account should be deleted
- There are a few options you can choose from as to why you think your account should be deleted. If you have forgotten the password or the username, select that option in the menu
- Fill out the rest of the form with your name, email address, age, and the username of the account. You can also fill out a comment box in the bottom section of the form with any details you might want to add about the account
- Send in your form, then wait for their email response.
3. Delete Matalan Account By Email
The third way you can delete your account without logging in or using the password is to send an email that you want to close your account, here is how you can achieve that:
- Scroll to the Help & Support Centre and you’ll see the support email address
- Then, write a message telling them what your issue is and why you want to delete your account
- Then press Send.
How to Delete Your Account on Matalan Website
The easiest way to achieve this is by logging into the account in a web browser either on desktop or mobile as all the options appear on your profile page:
- Visit Matalan’s official website page
- Log in by entering your username and password on the login form
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Settings
- Then click Account
- Select the Delete Account option
- Re-enter your username and password on the next page.
- Click on Continue.
Once you’ve done this, your Matalan account will be deactivated but still retain your data. This means that once you complete these steps, your account won’t be deleted right away. It’ll be deactivated for 30 days, during which time you’ll have the option to reactivate the account before it’s permanently deleted. You’ll also receive an email to your contact address confirming the deactivation. It is after 30 days that your data histories will be cleared from the website.
How to Cancel Matalan Account on Phone
- Now, log in to your Matalan using the mobile app
- Click your profile Placeholder and select Settings from the menu
- Below your username, select Account
- Click Deactivate Account
- Read the messages and select Delete
- You’ll be prompted to re-enter your password and then you can click the deactivate button the last time after which you uninstall the app from your phone.
Unfortunately, you can’t delete your account permanently from the app, you have to follow the steps above to delete it from the website.
How to Find Account Linked to Your Email
Here’s is the process you’ll use:
- Log in to your email address
- Scroll to Manage third-party access and click on it
- You will see a list of accounts linked to your email, including Matalan, remove it, and the account will be deleted.
You can also search your emails linked with the account, compile a list of these sites and disconnect them from your email.
Disabled Matalan Account
There are many reasons which may cause Matalan to delete your account without your knowledge such as if there is any “suspicious” activity with your account. Reactivating a self-deactivated account is as simple as logging back into your account. If you’ve previously deleted the account, it can’t be recovered. If your account was deactivated involuntarily by Matalan.
So, if your profile is disabled and you want to re-enable, just contact Matalan support or send them an email requesting that your account be reactivated.
How to Deactivate Matalan Account
Deactivating your account means you want to stop using Matalan for a while, this can be undone at any time. The account deletion is much more permanent.
Note that once you deactivate your account here, it’ll be deactivated on every device. If you’re just looking to get Matalan off permanently, consider deleting the account instead.
- Open the Matalan app on your device and tap the menu icon in the corner
- Scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy
- You’ll now have to navigate to the Delete Account option
- Tap Delete Account, and then Continue to the account deactivation at the bottom of the screen
- Optionally, give the reason you’re deactivating your account and tap Continue, then enter your password.
You’ll be logged out of your account, and you should receive an email saying your account has been deactivated. If you ever want to reactivate the account, you just have to open the Matalan app or visit the website and log in back. Your account will be restored right away.
If you want to permanently delete your Matalan account, then wait 30 days. After this period, your account will be removed from the website and you’ll no longer be able to reactivate it back.