Ps4 allows you to add your credit card details to enable you to pay on its website. The card details are saved on Ps4 and can be selected when you want to make a new transaction. If you are worried about a security breach or another person using your device, you may after making your payment want to remove your credit card from Ps4.
Ps4 provides a means where you make the payment online by saving details of your credit card, e-wallets, etc which in turn helps you to save time. You can also remove these details later. It’s easy to unlink your credit card from Ps4. You can also change your payment method by deleting or adding another credit card to make your online transaction more convenient.
If you know how to use Ps4 you can remove your credit card, debit card, e-wallets, or bank account that you have previously saved on the site. Sometimes it’s hard to find the right option but in this post, I will show you how to unlink and remove credit card details from your Ps4 account.
How to Remove Credit Card From Ps4 Account on Computer
You can make this change both through their desktop website and also in the mobile app
To remove a credit card from the Ps4 desktop website:
1. Open the Ps4 website and log in to your account with your username and password.
2. Now, after logging in, click on your “Account” from the menu
3. Click on the “Payment” options. You can see a list of credit/debit cards that you have added.
4. Click on the down arrow to delete the card you want to remove.
5. You will be asked for confirmation. Click on the “Confirm remove” option to delete the card from your Ps4 account.
That’s all it takes to remove your credit card from the Ps4 desktop website. Your previous payment method has been removed from your account. When you check it out on Ps4, it will no longer appear.
Removing a Credit Card With the Ps4 App
1. Open the Ps4 app on your phone or tablet and tap on the Account tab
2. Tap on “Your Account” and scroll down to “Your Payments”.
3. Then scroll down to select the credit card you want to remove.
4. Remove the selected credit card by tapping on the “Remove” button.
5. Tap on the “Confirm remove” option to delete the card from your Ps4 account.
You can also add another payment method if your credit card has expired or your payment is unsuccessful. The payment method is simply the mode of payment, the credit or debit card that you have added to pay for your Ps4 transactions.
How to Change Payment Method on Ps4
Ps4 lets you add a new payment method or change to correct your credit card details by following these steps.
1. Go to Ps4 and go to Your Account.
2. Next, select the “Payment Options” setting.
If you have saved a method before You’ll see a list of all currently attached to your account.
3. Click “Settings”, and you’ll see your default payment.
4. Click the “Change” link next to “Payment Method”. You’ll also want to follow this process if you need to add a new card that’s not already associated with your account.
5. Click “Add New Card” and then click the “Continue” button.
Now, if your transaction failed in the first attempt, you can retry your payment with the same payment method or choose a different one.
Ps4 online payment with a credit card these days has been easy but that’s not to say there are no risks at all. While you can’t control things like a data breach, you can always take preventive measures to protect your credit card details from internet fraudsters.
Paying directly on Ps4 with your credit card is a good option but storing the card information online will put you at increased risk of the information being stolen and criminals using it for fraudulent transactions. I prefer to manually enter my card information when I make transactions on Ps4 and this helps me to reduce the chances of my bank card details being compromised.
Meanwhile, Ps4 wrong payment methods or expired cards will result in payment errors while making your transaction. If you want your payment details saved on Ps4 you need to update your payment method. And before you save your credit card details on any website or app make sure you are the only user of the device you make the payment with. Keep your login credentials secret.
I hope this article helped you?