Target Visa gift cards are an easy way to shop for presents during any season. There are numerous designs from which to choose, making it an easy way to manage money without taking cash with you or giving money as a gift.
Target Visa credit cards are prepaid cards that you can use at an ATM or any store that accepts Visa®. It is closer to a debit card in the way that it works, but you must still go through an activation process to access the money.
Registering Target Visa Gift Card
- Go to Target’s ‘Reload Your Balance’ page
- Enter the amount on your Visa gift card
- Sign in to your account; this step is required even if you’re already logged into your Target account
- Click on ‘Edit’ in the payment method box; you’ll then be redirected to a new page where you’ll click ‘Add a card’
- Enter your gift card information in the specified fields and click next; if you’re unsure as to which name is on the card, there is a balance check number on the back of the card that you can call to reference the information
- Select your gift card as the payment method and click ‘Done’
- You’ll then be redirected to the reload your balance screen; verify the amount of the gift card and then click ‘Reload’ button
The above is how you can complete the activation process by registering the gift card on the Target Visa website. If there are difficulties with this process, the customer support line at 1 (800) 424-6888 can provide an extra level of assistance.
Once you activate the card, you can replenish the funds through a direct deposit process. Several retailers allow you to load the Target Visa card at the register with cash if needed. There may be fees involved with some of these processes, so you’ll want to check the terms and conditions of your account first.
Target Visa Gift Card
If you choose to activate Target Visa card, then there is some personal information that you will need to provide.
When you prefer to stay anonymous with your card usage, Target Visa is the better choice to activate.
These cards are non-reloadable gift cards that make it safe and simple to make online payments. There is no personal information necessary because it is not a credit card, so you won’t be going through a background check for approval.
Then you can use the Target Visa wherever Visa® or MasterCard® is accepted in the United States.
These cards are available for purchase online or through retailers like Walmart, Walgreens, or CVS.
Target Visa has no fees after purchase, but it does not come with ATM access. You cannot use it to get cash back at the point of sale. That’s why Target Visa could be a better option for some users.
If you purchase a Target Visa card at a retailer, the activation process occurs during the checkout. You will load the card there, and then it is immediately available for use. If you encounter problems with the service, then the customer service line will be your best resource to sort out any lingering activation questions.