Facebook takes users’ safety very seriously including your behavior, which is why, to you, it may seem like you’ve been banned for no reason. If you are banned from using Facebook you can reactive or create a new account in no time. This means you’ll get unbanned by taking the due necessary steps. Facebook has strict terms and conditions of service and most times bans any user that violates them.
If that’s the case, you can get your account reactivated by following all the procedures.
So, what’s exactly a Facebook ban, how long does a Facebook ban last, and how to work around a Facebook ban? You have to relax and continue reading because we’re going to explore them one after the other.
Reactivating a banned Facebook account shouldn’t be an issue if the ban was placed due to a misconception or by mistake. However, if it is deserved, you may never be able to get unbanned.
What Happens When Facebook Bans You?
Facebook ban is Facebook’s way of getting rid of the people who are breaking their rules. When Facebook bans you, they BAN you. You lose everything that has to do with the platform.
You won’t be able to sign in or access your account any longer. Usually, a Facebook ban is Facebook’s decision to prevent you from using the services again due to your behavior.
So, if you go against the rules of Facebook, you’re gone from the platform.
How to Get Facebook Account Unbanned
If you feel your account was wrongly restricted, all you need to do is contact the Facebook support team and provide them with enough proof of your innocence.
In most cases, the reasons for your account suspension will be stated in the email notification confirming your account ban. When you contact Facebook support, make sure your message is clear and detailed. If need be, provide pictures and any other files necessary to prove your account was wrongly deleted.
If your account was justifiably banned, then you may not have a case. Facebook will not enable an account that deliberately violated its terms and conditions of service.
Another immediate answer for how to get unbanned from Facebook is to make a polite appeal to the Facebook support system. All you have to do is contact the service and ask for the unbanning process, which will reveal why the account is banned.
Make a simple appeal to the service; that will get your Facebook account unbanned. You want to send them your screenshot of the ban.
If it is something quite big that you did, you won’t get a chance, you can also contact Facebook to unban your account.
How to Contact Facebook About Being Banned
Facebook clearly states that any user that consistently violates their community guidelines will be banned. If your account has been banned, you will receive a banner notification when you next open the app, informing you of this status.
Meanwhile, If you believe your account was banned incorrectly, let Facebook know by submitting an appeal.
To submit an appeal:
1. Open the notification.
2. Select the ban “Appeal” option.
3. Enter your username and email address.
4. Type in your appeal in the description field.
3. Follow the instructions provided and then click on “Submit”.
After submitting the appeal, you can expect an answer back within a few hours to a few days. I’d recommend you wait around 3-4 days. If you get no answer within these 3-4 days you can write to them once more to let them know you’re waiting for their answer. Remember to keep being polite.
Does Facebook Ban Device?
Facebook does ban your email/phone number and device. Even if that device is new, Facebook can still ban it along with your other information.
Facebook takes cognizance of your device ID, they ban your device too e.g. phone. Besides getting a new email address, you need to either factory reset your device, get a new unique device ID, or get an entirely new phone/device.
Your device ID represents your device. It’s made of unique numbers and letters that identify your device as unique.
Since Facebook bans you for a solid reason, it’s going to be difficult to bypass Facebook’s ban of your email/phone number or device. Your ID is banned when your account is banned and there’s nothing you can do to stop it.
How to Unban Device from Facebook
1. If you don’t have the technical skills, and can’t afford to change your device, then try using Facebook on the web, with a new phone number.
2. Facebook bans your account when you open it with a new email or number when it has been used before. Also, Facebook can recognize your device, especially if something wrong was done on Facebook through that device. Using a used device could mean:
- You’re using a friend’s or a family member’s email, device, or number.
- You’ve got a disposable email or phone number.
- Your phone number was previously used by someone else to open a Facebook account.
3. You need a new Device ID as giving the same information that you gave in your previous will get you banned again.
4. Use Facebook responsibly, and avoid bot-like behavior.
How Long Does It Take Facebook to Uban You
Facebook can take minutes to days to review your appeal, depending on your history with the app/website.
If you’ve just registered on Facebook, then the review will only take a couple of minutes to put your profile together and confirm your profile isn’t fake.
When you got banned on Facebook and now you’re trying to get back in, then Facebook might take a few days as well to review your new account.
How to Make a New Facebook Account Without Getting Blocked
Many people enjoy the services of Facebook and can’t possibly think of going somewhere else than Facebook.
When such a person gets banned and tries to reactivate that banned account but to no avail, then the next option will be to open a new account.
However, you can’t just go ahead and reopen a new Facebook account. There are steps to take in order to avoid repeated bans.
Method #1. Uninstall Facebook
Whatever device you’ve been using Facebook on delete and uninstall the app from it. That is to delete the cache from your device.
You can’t get unbanned and everything will be gone if Facebook still recognizes your invalid activities. It’s one of the reasons why you want to uninstall it and start over.
Method #2. Contact Facebook
You can contact support telling them you want to open another account; promising to be a good user this time.
It may be very difficult to get a good response from support. They most times feel reluctant to help people reopen banned accounts or give them permission to open a new account. That’s why you may have to act on your own by contacting them.
Method #3. Change Your Device, Its ID or IP Address
If you used Facebook on your phone, you don’t necessarily have to get a new device. You can use it on your computer. it’s safer to open a new Facebook account using a completely new device since Facebook cookies have a very long expiration date.
Meanwhile, if you don’t have access to another device and want to use the same device with which your previous account was banned, then you have to follow these steps:
1. Delete browser cookies, cache, and Facebook data: Facebook cookies don’t expire quickly, so you have to clear the cookies, browser cache, and other Facebook data stored on your computer.
2. A Factory Reset on your current device (works for Android only).
3. A Device Changer on your current rooted device (works for Android only).
4. iPhone jailbreak (obviously, works for iPhone only).
5. Changing advertising ID – An advertising ID is a unique line of numbers that are used by advertisers to identify you as a user.
- iOS: Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Reset advertising identifier.
- Android: Settings > Google > Ads > Reset advertising ID.
6. Facebook can recognize your IP address too only when signing up – Getting a VPN to avoid a ban is not necessary but it’s good to have. Get a VPN app, enable your new VPN and check if your IP has been changed.
7. Do not verify your account using the same old email or phone number:
It’d be more helpful for you to use an entirely different device be it another phone, tablet, or laptop, and If you don’t want to use a new device, then you need to change your device ID. You can get a new phone number to verify your new account f you don’t want to get banned again.
Facebook bans your device as well, that’s why this step is essential for anyone trying to get back to Facebook after being banned.
Method 4#. Use a New Email Address
You don’t want to connect the same email you connected to your banned account with your new account. Facebook will know that it’s you and ban you again.
This also means that if you try to make a new Facebook account, and got banned before even opening the account, a disposable email address or phone number could be the cause.
You can’t link your new Facebook account to the same email as you did with your banned account either. Open a new email if you’re trying to get back on Facebook through email as well.
The previous user of that email or number could’ve got banned, and now the next user (you) is in pain because of bad luck. That’s because Facebook remembers and recognizes your ID including your device information, especially if you violated their rules.
Using the same email or phone number with which your previous account was verified to verify your new account is like shooting yourself in the legs.
Method #5. Use a New Google Play Account/Apple ID
Since your Google account/Apple ID collects the data, using the same google account/Apple ID to download the app again can give enough clues to Facebook to know who you are.
Facebook doesn’t ban your Google account or Apple ID, however, it bans your device. This means you need a new device if you’re trying to get back after getting banned.
Do not make the same mistakes that got you banned. A new Facebook account is an opportunity to start afresh; but if you go on and repeat the same mistakes that got your previous account banned, then your new account will end up getting banned too.
So, you kind of know what you’ve done wrong, make sure you don’t repeat that after creating your new Facebook account.
How to Report a Problem to Facebook
You can also contact Facebook to report any problem you have with your account or a suspicious act on your account. You just need to visit the site.
To report a problem:
1. Click Profile in the bottom right.
2. Then click on the 3-line icon in the top right.
3. Select “Settings and Privacy”.
4. Click Report a problem and select a topic.
5. Follow the steps in the app to submit the problem.
6. If the recommended steps do not solve your problem you can select No to the question “Is your problem resolved?” and click Still have a problem so that you can contact Facebook with further details about your problem.
That’s pretty much everything about how to get your Facebook unbanned or make a new one.
I hope this article helped you?