imo is a free audio/video calling and instant messaging app. It has similar features with Whatsapp. We have come across a lot of instances where users have an Imo account but they forgot the username and password or they lost access to the account itself and do not know the email address used while creating the account.
This can happen for many reasons. One of the most common reasons for losing access to an Imo account is forgetting the password.
Imo, unlike many other platforms, is quite strict while protecting the accounts of its users and preventing bots or spammers from ruining the website. That’s why many of us get kicked out for suspicious activity even without doing anything wrong.
There are chances that you no longer remember the login credentials or you don’t even know who created the Imo account and what email id was used while creating the account. This article explains how to recover an Imo account if you no longer have access to the email id or phone number used for the Imo account.
Imo Account recovery is not something to use whenever you forget the password or other details temporarily. You should try to remember it or find any other traces like any notes or something. You can always go for it if you still have access to your phone and email. If you don’t this will save a ton of your time. If you still can’t remember anything, you may proceed to the article.
Recover Imo account without email or phone number
If you do not have access to the phone number or password connected with your Imo account, it is going to be a bit hard to get your account back. You can try these steps if you lost your Email address or Phone number associated with Imo.
- First of all, visit the Imo Login Issues Page.
- Input your username and search.
- If Imo finds your account, you will be given a form to reach Imo support.
- Fill in the details and describe the issue in a short-precise manner.
- Submit the form.
How to recover a hacked Imo account
If you think that your Imo account got hacked and you no longer have access to it, you can follow these steps to recover it.
- Go to this support page.
- Choose “Hacked account” from the list of options given.
- They will send you instructions to get your account back to your email address.
Recover Imo account after deactivating
Did you manually deactivate your Imo account? I mean, not getting banned by Imo or getting your account suspended. If you manually did it by going to your account settings and clicking the “Deactivate” button, you can still get it back.
According to Imo, you can reactivate a deactivated Imo account within 30-days of deactivation. After that period, there is no way you can get the account or data back. So, if you just deactivated the account and it hasn’t been 30 days, you have a chance of getting it back. All you have to do is:
- Logging into your Imo account again.
- It will ask you if you want to reactivate your Imo account.
- Click on Reactivate.
- You will be redirected to your home page.
Other articles on Imo:
- imo Account Login with Facebook
- How to Add Friends on Imo [Quick Guide]
- How to Delete imo Chat History From Both Sides
- How to Make imo Live Video Call
- How to open and Receive imo Video Call with Someone.
How to reset Imo password without email or phone number
To reset your Imo password without email or phone number, you need to contact Imo support. File a login issue report via their Help Center and wait for Imo’s response. Due to the overwhelming number of reports, it might take several days or even weeks for them to get back to you. When they do, they’ll send you an email with your next steps.
If they haven’t responded to you after a long period of time, try filing another report. However, do not send report after report as your email might be marked as spam. Instead, file another report only if Imo support hasn’t responded to you for more than a week.
If you just forgot the Imo password and there are no other issues, it is quite easy getting your password back.
- You can reset it by selecting the “Forgot password” link on the login screen.
- Next, enter your email/phone number/username, and enter the email address that is associated with your account.
- A link to reset your Imo account will be sent to your email.
- Click on the link to reset your Imo password.
That’s all we have for you on this guide on how to recover an Imo account without using email or phone number.